Clearing up autograph rumor
We’re seeing 10 questions all asking, so just to put it out there:
Autographs at NDK are part of your badge price and don’t have an additional cost! Promise!
Through the years, some guests may also sell additional merch you can purchase (headshots, etc), but you are not required to do so! Autographs at NDK are free and always will be.
Now, there are some rules with those. Here is the full fine print for your reference:
We’re still small enough we can afford to just line up for autographs and not have to do things like lotteries for who gets and autograph. However, you can help us to make sure that stays the case by following these rules!
- Please do not hug, grapple, grip, glomp, paw, try to kiss, or otherwise maul the guests, or you may be removed from the convention altogether.
- No bootleg items are allowed in the autograph lines. Ask us if you’re not sure, but if you don’t have a copyright somewhere on your item, it might not be legit.
- Please bring only one item per guest to sign, and do not request pictures or sketches of guests with lines for their autograph. We want everyone in line to get a chance at an autograph.
- The line for autographs will be capped and autographs will be stopped at the end of the scheduled autograph time. Thus, if there are 50 people still in line at 5 minutes before the end of the session, we will not allow anyone else to join the line. We allow limited autograph times to save our guests from tendonitis, and the signing sessions must stop at the time scheduled for them to end.
- There is no guarantee for autographs. This is just a nice extra thing that guests may choose to do, and that the convention makes space and time for. Check the autograph schedule to see who is signing together; we always schedule our guests in groups.
Do you guys think you'll ever hold a contest for badge art? I think it'd be really fun to let local artists have a chance to do so!
Actually, more than half our badge art is handled by a gifted local artist (and our CO-based Art Department). The other themed pieces are handled by the extraordinary Stephanie Kao, whose beautiful, detailed work has really become part of our public image. Every year, these talented folks take our breath away.
That being said, we know that Colorado is lucky enough to have a vibrant community of incredibly gifted artists. We’ll certainly always keep that in mind. :) In the meantime, might I suggest showcasing art at our Art Show or in our Artists Alley?
Would you guys have anything similar to the Rock Band stand that was set up at DCC? It was really entertaining to get up and perform and it really drew a crowd!
We’ve had a Rock Band setup in VGR for years! We also used to do a Battle of the Rock Bands in main events/a panel room until interest waned.
ok so i sorted out my convention attendance and i’m writing it down so i don’t forget:
-Animeland Wasabi: sell crap in artist’s alley
-Starfest; don’t buy a ticket, show up and wear european cosplay (doctor who, sherlock, star trek, etc.)
-Denver Comic Con: be on crew
-NDK: don’t buy a ticket, show up and wear japanese/video game cosplay
i’m not buying tickets for anything cuz it’s dumb
Fair warning: To attend NDK or be on hotel grounds during the convention, you must have a badge. We’re not trying to be mean, we simply don’t have room for “ghosting”, or people who hang out in the hallways without paying. It’s also not fair for people who do pay. You will be asked to leave when caught.
Sean and I were entertaining the idea of going to NDK again this year in September but their hotel is fully booked already ??
Please send help
Please check out our official overflow hotel (which is the Hyatt, not the Hilton).
I had a question concerning the ndk balcony contest. I wanted to make sure my idea would be ok. I wanted to do the scene from D City Rock (Panty and Stocking) where Panty is wearing the causion tape. Will i be asked to take it down if i do it?
As long as the caution tape is covering our required minimum amounts and such (ie: no pink or point bits and at least 60%!), you’ll be fine. If you want to make absolutely sure, send us a drawing of what you’re thinking of.
What time does the rave begin and how long does it go to?
Generally speaking, it starts around midnight on Saturday and goes until 3amish.
You must have a Saturday or weekend pass to get into the Rave.
I have a question about fake gun props. Can they be painted realistically if I put a cap on it, or would you rather it be painted absurdly?
Hello there! I have a costume prop question. This character a friend is cosplaying usually has a stop sign he uses as a weapon. Even if it's not made of out of metal, is it still not allowed at the con?
I’d suggest posting on our forums and talking to our Ops heads. The final cal is up to them, and they may be able to provide ideas and tips.